UK Stakeholders for Sustainable Development Annual Conference
Unlocking the UK’s potential: from ambition to transformation How do we translate the ambition of the 17 Goals and 169 Targets of the Sustainable Development Goals into transformational action for the UK?
The world’s first universal set of Sustainable Development Goals came into force on 1 January 2016. How do we translate the ambition of 17 Goals and 169 Targets into transformational action in the UK?
Come to the ICAEW in London on 1 March. Join the debate. Get involved.
When: 1 March, 2017
Where: ICAEW, One Moorgate Place, London
Featuring presentations from:
- Amanda Mackenzie OBE, Chief Executive of Business in the Community and Executive Advisor for Project Everyone
- Rory Stewart MP, Minister of State at the Department for International Development
- Professor Kate Pickett, Co-author of The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better and co-founder of The Equality Trust
- Mike Barry, Director of Sustainable Business (Plan A), Marks & Spencer
The programme for 1 March includes:
- What do the SDGs mean to the UK and you? Workshop with the Open University, Impact International and Newcastle University
- Panels and presentations featuring organisations with practical experience of SDG delivery in the UK
- Breakout sessions and workshops led by UKSSD Partners
To coincide with the Conference we are hosting an evening reception with Sir Ian Cheshire and special guests on the 28th February, express your interest in attending when you register.
For regular updates and more detail please visit our conference website: www.ukssdconference.com
‘The Sustainable Development Goals …provide us with a massive opportunity to invest in a sustainable future where a low-carbon economy works for people and planet alike… We now need to step up to the plate and demonstrate our continued leadership in this area’
Professor Sir David King, Keynote address UKSSD Conference 2016