The Asda Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy Wales
Want to be a part of Wales’ first Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy? Are you a Social Enterprise based in Wales with products that could be sold in an Asda Supermarket?
Asda and Social Investment Cymru, the finance arm of Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) have launched the pioneering Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy which will provide a comprehensive package of support and funding that could help your social enterprise scale-up and access new markets.
What is the Academy?
Funded through the proceeds of Asda’s carrier bag charge, the programme will support selected Welsh social enterprises to strengthen their understanding of supermarket retail and refine their commercial and marketing skills, with the potential to get their products on supermarket shelves in Wales and beyond. This is a unique opportunity to access a new market, to scale up and build the sustainability of your social enterprise. It’s also hoped that the Academy will help raise awareness of social enterprises among Asda shoppers.
Successful Social Enterprises will receive:
– Access to a range of specially developed training modules delivered over 3 days at Asda House in Leeds to include everything from understanding consumer purchasing to branding and packaging design
– Support to pitch your product to Asda
– Mentoring and insight from Asda experts and specialist support from Social Investment Cymru
– A grant to cover participation in the Academy, tailored to your needs
– Access to bespoke investment to help develop and expand your operations should Asda select your products
You have until midday on the 22nd April to apply for a coveted place within the Academy. Simply complete the short Expression of Interest form and get it back to us before the deadline.
After that we’ll shortlist applicants to be interviewed in early May by an expert panel.
Get selected, and you’ll be part of the first cohort to participate in the Social Enterprise Supplier Development Academy in June 2016, and pitch your product to Asda buyers.
Got a question?