18 October | Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Training Workshop
Business Wales are hosting a training workshop aimed at those wishing to implement an Environmental Management System (EMS). It provides guidance on the development of an EMS, how it can be applied in the workplace and the benefits to be gained. The course focuses on the requirements of the Green Dragon Environmental Standard in particular levels 1 & 2 and can also be applied to ISO 14001 and BS 8555. It will enable you to implement an environmental management system within your organisation that is recognised by public bodies and regulators and that can be used when tendering for contracts.
Attendance on this training workshop will provide you with current environmental issues, allowing you to successfully identify your organisation’s environmental impacts, key environmental performance indicators and opportunities for improvement. You will be provided with useful templates of key EMS documents required by level 2 of the Green Dragon Environmental Standard.
- Understanding environmental management
- Overview of environmental management systems (Green Dragon, ISO 14001, BS 8555)
- The Green Dragon Environmental Management System and how it can be applied in the workplace
- Brief overview of environmental legislation and its impacts on organisations
The course will also describe:
- How to carry out a baseline environmental review
- How to develop an environmental policy
- The basics of environmental risk management
- How to develop a register of environmental compliance (register of environmental legislation)
- How to monitor environmental indicators, including utilities and waste
- How to develop an EMS improvement plan
- How to ensure continual improvement is embedded in the workplace
- The requirements of an external audit
Certificates will be issued by the Green Business Centre as confirmation of course attendance. These can be used to demonstrate an understanding of key EMS principles and for CPD.