21 February | Opportunities for Ultra Low Emission Transport & Local Mobility
The objective of these Welsh Government funded events is to enable and motivate public sector professionals to speed up the transition to a low carbon, low emission transport system in Wales, with a particular focus on road transport and alternatives to private car ownership.
Delegates will receive information on SMART and vehicle technology, sources of funding, and examples that show how action can be taken that benefits the organisation, citizens, the local economy, and the environment.
A mixture of presentations, displays, demonstrations and surgeries will enable public sector professionals to learn from peers, industry, advisory organisations, government, and social enterprises. The events will begin to provide answers to these questions;
- What actions can we take – what has been proven to work?
- What funding is available?
- What is the best/most appropriate technology?
- How can we integrate effective alternatives to private car ownership – shared mobility, mobility as a service, electric bikes – with public transport?
- How can we work in effective partnership with other public bodies, industry, and the community to accelerate the transition to a low emission transport system?
- How will SMART technology help us achieve this?
Who is this event for?
Public sector and mobility specialists from community and industry
Where and when
Thursday 7th February 2019 – Glyndwr University, Wrexham EVENT PASSED
Thursday 21st February 2019 –SWALEC cricket stadium, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates on all of our events and opportunities.