12 July | A Smart Energy Future for Wales
Over the last decade digital technology has transformed the way we communicate, shop and work. We’re now part of a similar transformation in the way we buy and use energy, with new and exciting choices increasingly being introduced to us as consumers.
Energy is essential to power smart technologies but it will also be a platform itself for connected products and services that could reduce our demand and transform consumer engagement and service delivery.
We’re bringing together a diverse group of organisations that want to promote the efficient use of energy to support the development of a smarter Wales. This includes considering how energy data can contribute to advancing the world of digital health care; the development of community energy in rural areas; and what new energy models could look like.
Convened by Smart Energy GB working in partnership with IWA and Arad Research, this interactive session will include experts from academia, business, the energy industry, third sector and government. We will be collating and publishing suggestions from the morning.
The session will cover:
- the latest on the smart meter rollout, consumer energy behaviour change and the opportunities they will provide
- developments in the field of health and care applications using energy data
- learning from rural community energy projects
- new energy models
- opportunities to learn from each other, debate future scenarios and discuss potential partnerships
Why you should attend:
- to meet a range of influential organisations outside of your sector
- to consider opportunities to engage with the smart meter rollout
- to develop and link together smart technologies to provide new and appealing energy efficiency solutions
- to participate in a creative discussion to help us all move this agenda forward in Wales
This is a free event, but places are limited so booking is essential.