Sustainable Academy Awards 2019 shortlist announced
We are delighted to announce the shortlist for the 2019 Sustainable Academy Awards – celebrating sustainability excellence, innovation and leadership from across Wales. 24 finalists across eight categories have been chosen by our expert judging panel to go through to the public vote.
The Awards recognise the amazing people, projects and initiatives that are contributing towards the seven National Well-being Goals and the five Ways of Working described in the Well-being Future Generations Act.
Our judging panel included Rhodri Thomas, Cynnal Cymru; Rhys Jones, Renewable UK; Angharad Davies on behalf of EDF Energy; Nia Lloyd, Keep Wales Tidy; Ruth Marks, WCVA; David Brown ARUP and Petranka Maleva, Future Generations Commissioners Office.
The judges were particularly looking for projects and initiatives that clearly delivered on the principles of the Well-being of Future Generations Act as well as looking for examples that captured the imagination by going above and beyond.
Public Vote is now open!
Now it is over to you the public to help decide who will be this years winners. The public vote will count towards 60% of the overall score and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff on Thursday 28 November.
We hope you will be inspired by by our 24 finalists and please take the time to vote for your favourites in each category.
You can vote for your favourites until Wednesday 06 November.
Outstanding Renewable Energy – Sponsored by Welsh Government
- BCB International Ltd – FIREDRAGON as a sustainable Ethanol based solid fuel
- Innogy – Mynydd y Gwair Wind Farm
- Egni Coop – Community owned solar
Outstanding Social Enterprise
- Credu Charity Ltd – SeaQuest Coastal Science and Education Programme
- Greenstream Flooring
- RCMA Social Enterprise – Real Food! Real Life!
- The Digital Pattern Library – accessible, sustainable fashion for all
- Dyfi Distillery – Bringing gin production close to home
- Oseng-Rees reflection – artisan interiors and architectural installations
Sustainable Community – Sponsored EDF
- Sustainable Community at Cardiff Met University
- Under the Bridge – Milford Youth Matters
- Recycle4charity – Pembrokeshire Care, Share and Give
Sustainable Education or Training
- Black Mountains Land Use Partnership – Mountain and Moorland Ambassadors
- Severn Wye Energy Agency – Our Future’s People
- Size of Wales & WCIA – MockCOP
Sustainable Procurement or Supply Chain – Sponsored ARUP
- ARIA Bridal – Designing in sustainability from the start
- Aberystwyth University – BEACON More taste, less salt, healthier lives
- WRAP Cymru – Public Sector Sustainable Procurement Project
Sustainable Venue or Space – Sponsored by CECA Wales
- Newydd Housing Association / Eggseeds -The Solar Powered Bench
- LINC Cymru – Growing Green Spaces
- SPECIFIC, Swansea University / BIPVco – Active Buildings
- Rachel Roberts
- Meleri Davies
- Paul Allen